AN IMPORTANT CHANGE IN APPLICATION PROCEDURES
The McLean Foundation will only accept applications from organizations that have first submitted a letter of inquiry and then been asked to submit a full proposal. Applicants should note that their letters of inquiry are viewed by the Board of Directors along with the full proposal.
The letter of inquiry should be no more than two pages, written on organization letterhead, signed by a member of the organization’s executive, and should include the following information:
- A brief description of who the applicant organization is and what the applicant does
- A brief description of the project if the request is for project-based support
- The budget for the project, or the organization’s overall budget if the request is for general support
- The organization’s most recent financial statements
- The dollar value of the request
- The applicant’s website address, if one is available
- A contact name, full street address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Canada Revenue Agency charitable number
- The applicant’s legal name.
Letters of inquiry should be sent via regular mail and notby fax or e-mail. Form letters and mass mailings will NOT be regarded as letters of inquiry.
A selections committee will review letters of inquiry and decide whether or not to invite a full proposal.
If your organization is invited to submit a full proposal, please follow the guidelines for full proposals.